- Bringing together children and youth from different religious and cultural backgrounds and offering them opportunities to interact and work together on common goals
- Enhancing young people active citizenship and active participation through volunteering opportunities
- Developing the life skills of young people through capacity building programs and participation in local and international projects
- Networking with local and international organizations to expose youth to new environments and opportunities
Youth Department Team
Youth Projects Officer
Joanna El Hachem
“Youth for Change” is Chabibeh Club’s internal youth program that engages Chabibeh young volunteers and members in different activities and projects (offered by Chabibeh or through other organizations), in order to develop their competences and enhance their participation in and contribution to their local communities. Youth also take part in volunteering activities and skills development workshops according to their needs.
“Seeds 4 Tomorrow” is Chabibeh Club’s local program targeting schools and or organizations working with youth. The youth department continuously works on designing and developing tailor made manuals, tools, training modules and workshops targeting students and youth with an aim to develop their competences and enhance their resilience and their social participation. The program focuses on the following:
- Sports for development
- Life skills
- Design Thinking for Youth Civic Engagement
“Erasmus Plus” is the European Union program for education, training, youth and sport. Chabibeh Club is active in the youth chapter of the program since 2008, when the program name was Youth in Action. Through partnerships with European and Mediterranean organizations, Chabibeh Club develops and implements mobility projects in the forms of Youth Exchanges or Training and Networking events. These projects bring together youth, youth workers, youth leaders and trainers to work together on topics of common interest to the organizations and their mission.
“European Solidarity Corps” is the European Union initiative which creates opportunities for young people to volunteer or work in projects in their own country or abroad. In 2014, Chabibeh Club received its accreditation allowing it to host European volunteers in Lebanon, and send young people from Lebanon to volunteer at European organizations.